Red Hat 9 on a Thinkpad 770? (Re: [ltp] getting RH 9)

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 28 13:40:31 CEST 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:32:40 -0500
"Ronald W. Heiby" <heiby_rh at falkor.chi.il.us> wrote:

> Hi! I have a 770ED with RH 8.0 on it at present. I'd be glad to hear
> of anyone's experiences with RH 9. I haven't tried playing DVD on it
> or on my A21p under Linux, but would be glad of any words of wisdom in
> getting rid of that excuse for keeping Windows around.

On the 770Z, DVD playback seems to work out of the box - provided you
download a player. Apparently, they unbroke the Xvideo extension.  You
just need to get Xine, mplayer, or Ogle from freshpms.net after the
install.

(Note: The 770Z uses the Cyber 9397DVD video chipset - the ED might be
different.)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!