[ltp] DVD playback

TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com
Mon Apr 28 14:22:08 CEST 2003

Charles Taylor asked:

> Is DMA enabled on the DVD drive (check with hdparm)?  That's
> probably the
> most common cause of slow/poor playback.

yes, I do hdparm -d1 /dev/hdc before I try. Also the video driver is xshm
(using XV gives me green goo).

DVD seems to be one of those things. I would use windows but I'm a bit stuck
because I wrote over my recovery partition and while I've restored the
contents I can't get it to boot.

instead I could so some work on my pc but having paid for the damn thing
instills a certain stubborness in me (it should work it will work!) and
wastes eons of time.

thanks,
TomSW

 "They put us through the pain of learning to walk and talk, and when
we manage that, they tell us to be quiet and sit still."
Eric Chevillard - Préhistoires