[ltp] DVD playback

TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com TSchutzerWeissmann at uk.imshealth.com
Mon Apr 28 15:24:20 CEST 2003

Hello again Charles,

> Which distribution are you using and what video chipset?  DVD playback
> will be slow as molasses unless you can get Xv working, and I had a
> problem with the Trident 9397DVD chipset in my 770Z and the
> XFree86 that
> came with Redhat 8.0 - where Redhat 9 and 7.3 worked fine.

Molasses is right.

I'm using slackware 9 which has XFree 4.3.0. The card is Trident CyberBlade
Aladdin i1, and X uses the trident driver.

At the moment telling xine to use XV gives a screen full of green mush,
which is why I try using xhsm. But if Xv is what I need then I'll transfer
my energies into getting it to work.

Thanks for the suggestion,
TomSW