[ltp] Display goes blank on TP600e

bahkiz at supereva.it bahkiz at supereva.it
Wed Apr 30 16:54:06 CEST 2003

Hi

AC is always on! Cause my battery is defunct...
After a few minutes (I don't know how, exactly) of inactivity on console tty1 (or ttyN) the screen of my TP600e will go blank (..X is running on tty7).
Ok... I press any key on keyboard and TFT display resumes, but only the backlight will still be switched on.
I can't see anything :( . Where's my prompt ?!?
I tried switch to X, but no lucky! only backligth is on.
BTW, the system on background is up and running..
I have to _shutdown_ and boot(reboot isn't sufficient) the system to wake-up the display.
This strange effect never happens when I'm working within X!
The laptop is an IBM TP600e (PII 366) that's running GNU/Linux Debian Woody 3.0r0(stable), kernel 2.4.20 (no patches)
I'm using experimental NeoMagic framebuffer (compiled into kernel). Xfree 4.1.0
Maybe the problem is a bad power management of display whithin framebuffer mode?!?
I don't know..
Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

More informations attached below.
begin-----------------------------------
Output of tpctl.

$tpctl -V
tpctl 3.0 accessing thinkpad module 3.0 using smapidev 2.0

$tpctl --all
information about bios and system:
   system ID:                           68
   country code:                        1
   system BIOS revision:                1.21
   system management BIOS revision:     1.11
   SMAPI BIOS interface revision:       0.92
   video BIOS revision:                 1.15
   slave controller revision:           1.8
info from cmos RAM:
   CMOS RAM has power?:                 Y
   CMOS RAM has lost power?:            N
   CMOS RAM has bad checksum?:          N
   CMOS RAM has bad equipment info?:    N
   CMOS RAM has bad mem size info?:     N
   CMOS RAM has bad time info?:         N
   hard disk failed initialization?:    N
   shutdown status:                     0x0
   display operating mode:              0x0 (reserved code)
   coprocessor present?:                Y
   diskette drive type:                 4 (i.e., 1.44 MB)
   number of diskette drives:           1
   diskette drive 0 present?:           Y
   hard disk drive 0 type:              0xf
   hard disk drive 1 type:              0x0 (i.e., not present)
   hard disk drive 2 type:              0x0 (i.e., not present)
   hard disk drive 3 type:              0x0 (i.e., not present)
   conventional memory below 640KB:     640 KB
   expansion memory above 1MB:          65535 KB
   usable contiguous memory:            65535 KB
information about display:
   panel type:                          3 (i.e, color TFT LCD)
   panel dimension:                     2 (i.e., 1024 x 768)
   monitor type:                        0 (i.e., no CRT attached)
   monitor has DDC1 capability?:        N
   monitor has DDC2 capability?:        N
information about docking station:
   docking station ID:                  (not docked)
   security key unlocked?:              -
   bus connected?:                      -
information about processor:
   CPU manufacturer:                    Intel
   microprocessor type:                 6
   microprocessor stepping level:       106
   CPU clock:                           66 MHz
   internal clock:                      366 MHz
is:
   the lid closed?:                     N
   the keyboard open?:                  N
   the AC adapter attached?:            Y
information about UltraBay II:
   device type:                         0x10 (i.e., IDE)
   device ID:                           0x10 (i.e., CD-ROM)
setup of display:                       CMOS          current
   internal display enabled?:           enable        enable
   crt display:                         enable        disable
   tv display:                          disable       disable
   2ual display:                        enable        enable
   TV display selected?:                N             N
   monitor detection ignored?:          N             N
setup of fn hotkey:
   sticky Fn key supported?:                          N
   sticky & locked Fn key supported?:                 Y
   fn hotkey state:                                   nonsticky
setup of pointing device:               CMOS          current
   internal pointing device
      controllable state?:              Y             Y
      auto control supported?:          Y             Y
      activation mode:                  auto-disable  auto-disable
   external pointing device
      controllable state?:              N             N
      activation mode:                  disable       disable
setup of:                               CMOS
   daylight saving time:                disable
power management modes:
   ac power expenditure:                              high
   battery power expenditure:                         auto
   RediSafe global mode overrides non-global mode?:   Y
   RediSafe globally enabled?:                        N
power management resume events:         capability    current
   appointment-r.t.clock-initiated?:    Y             N (centurially 255-255-255 255:255:255)
   hardware-initiated?:                 Y             Y
   lid-opening-initiated?:              Y             Y
   serial-RI-initiated?:                Y             Y
power management sedative events:       capability    current
                                       (SZRHO)       (SZRHO)
   hardware-or-software-initiated:      SZ-HO         SZ-HO
   power-switch-initiated:              ---HO         ----O
   lid-closure-initiated:               -Z---         -Z---
   Standby-timer-initiated:             S----         S----
   Zuspend-or-hibern.-timer-initiated:  -Z-H-         -Z---
   Hibernate-from-susp.-timer-init'd:   ---H-         ---H-
   battery-low-initiated:               -Z-H-         -Z---
   env'mt-exhausted-initiated:          -Z---         -Z---
power management timer modes:           capability    current
   Standby timer:                       N             N
   Zuspend-or-hibernation timer:        Y             Y
   Blank-internal-display timer:        Y             N
   drive power-down timer:              Y             Y
power management delay of Hibernate-from-suspend:     0 (i.e., disabled)
power management delays of Zuspend or hibernate:      current
            (specifiable in each power mode)?
   ac power "manual" expenditure mode:  Y             0 (i.e., disabled)
   battery "manual" expenditure mode:   Y             5 minutes
   "high" power expenditure mode:       Y             0 (i.e., disabled)
   "auto" power expenditure mode:       Y             4 minutes
resource state:                        ioaddr irq#   able? mode/power
   floppy controller:                   0x3f0 IRQ6  enable
   parallel port:                       0x3bc IRQ7  enable ext
   serial port 1:                       0x0   IRQ0 disable (error)
   serial port 2:                       0x3f8 IRQ4  enable

bye!
Christian.
www.velug.it

Trova online il tuo partner!