[ltp] Serial ports & minicom (T30)

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
1 Aug 2003 11:28:48 -0500

+---------- On Aug 1, Lewis Adam-CAL022 said:
| Are there any known issues with the T30 or any other thinkpads with
| using the serial ports? Normally the serial port is ttyS0 or ttyS1 -
| is there any way to verify this?

See if "setserial /dev/ttyS0" works.  It should report something like
this:

/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 4

If so, the problem is with minicom.  If not, the problem is with the
kernel or with the hardware setup.

If you have a working lspnp and setpnp, you can use those to examine and
change the hardware configuration.  If you have tpctl, you may be able
to use that (I don't know if tpctl works on a T30).