[ltp] Lircd on TP R31

Paul Sladen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:41:41 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Has anyone managed to successfully get lircd going on an IBM Thinkpad R31?
>
> I am unsure of the device settings that I need to use [...]

Nope; but If it's any help:

  http://www.paul.sladen.org/thinkpad-r31/irda.txt

is a pretty verbose account of how I got IR{,DA} working.  Basically, make
sure the setting for the IR port in the BIOS match the arguments you pass to
the `nsc-ircc' module load request:

  $ echo 'compile serial.o as a module so that we can unload it first'
  $ rmmod serial

  $ echo 'load the IR driver, matching the setting in the BIOS'
  $ modprobe nsc-ircc irq=4 dma=3 io=0x03f8 dongle_id=0x09

Hope that helps,

	-Paul
--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB