[ltp] Madwifi drivers for Atheros wireless (e.g. T40p) work

Peter Johanson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 11:07:27 -0400

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 10:53:29AM -0400, Neil Weisenfeld wrote:
> As of sometime this weekend, a new release (well, first a failed one,
> then a better one) of these drivers came out.  They now seem to work
> well with my T40p.  Some quirks in what is reported by the driver, so
> that they gnome-wireless-applet doesn't show signal strength and
> iwconfig shows TxPower as "off".  However, the driver works well enough
> to use, it seems.

just a quick note to any gentooers out there, that these drivers
(including the latest release) are in portage now as "madwifi-driver"
It's still ~x86, but with more testing, it'll be marked stable. enjoy
all.

-pete

--=20
Peter Johanson
<latexer@gentoo.org>

Key ID =3D 0x6EFA3917
Key fingerprint =3D A90A 2518 57B1 9D20 9B71  A2FF 8649 439B 6EFA 3917

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--