[ltp] ultra bay troubles on a T21

Frank Schaeckermann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:44:27 +0200

You probably need something like "hde=ide-scsi" as boot parameter for
your kernel! That will simulate a SCSI drive for the DVD and make it
accessible. Worked fine for me... only problem is if you swap the DVD
for a hard drive it won't recognize the hard drive anymore... but then
again hot-swapping isn't working yet anyway and thus the problem is
easily fixed by two different entries in the lilo.conf - one with and
one w/o the "hde=ide-scsi" parameter.