[ltp] ultra bay troubles on a T21

Pekka Pessi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:51:59 +0300

hal King <hck@utk.edu> writes:
>   My problem:
>   The dvd ultra bay is not seen. I can boot from it. Do I need to compile
>         MCA into my kernel?

	I don't have any (major) problems with Redhat 8.0 and the Redhat
	kernel 2.4.20-18.8, but then I have X24. My friend does not have
	any problems with his T30 (Redhat 8.0 with stock 2.4.19 kernel).

	The DVD in Ultrabay is /dev/hdc. I don't have any ide-scsi
	parameters for my kernel, I think kudzu or something adds them
	automatically if it regocnizes a CDROM burner during boot.

	Which distribution and kernel version you have? Which part
	number your DVD has?

	My wife's T21 has XP, sometimes I have to reboot it in order to
	watch DVDs (CDROMs work fine all the time).

					Pekka