[ltp] TP600E: How to handle error 8611?

Glyn Kennington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 18:51:04 +0100

Heiko Engelke wrote:
> I've been using a thinkpad 600E for quite a while now, but yesterday the
> trackpoint suddenly stopped working. I had to reboot, but it fails with
> Error 8611, a trackpoint error. The bios check started and reports "DEV
> 086 ERR 22 FRU 0010" for the system board. I searched at google for this
> error

Have you checked the hardware maintenance manuals?  The ones I've seen contain
a detailed breakdown of all these codes.

http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/cdt/hmm.html

They also provide exact part numbers and disassembly instructions, should you
find out what the problem is, or need to check for loose contacts.

Glyn