[ltp] X, net card and IRQ

Jérôme Andrieux linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:27:22 +0200

Hello there,
I have a problem with X that appears recently when there is no
network connection. Dhclient tries to connect at boot and then
die, but after that I cannot launch X, which crashes with no
error message else than
Error 104 : conenction reset by peer.
The /var/log/XFree.0.log did not return anything more ...
I suspect a problem with IRQ sharing, so is there any proper
way to give a specific IRQ to every hw w/o distubing the
system? I saw it is possible through the bios, so is there any
recommendation about how to do it, which IRQ to give to each
hw ... ?
Thanks,
Jerome Andrieux