[ltp] T40 and Cisco Card

Dan Borello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:08:25 -0500

I broke down and bought the Cisco WLAN card for my T40 ( I had the Intel
2100 ).  I bought it from CDW.com.  To my surprise IBM was all over the
packaging.

Installation went perfect, but alot more involved than I thought.
Windows detects the card.

Now I have put linux on my laptop.  I have gotten almost everything
working except for this card.  lspci detects it as "Network controller:
AIRONET Wireless Communications Cisco Aironet Wirless 802.11b".

Now I am unsure how to get this device working.  I have recompiled my
kernel, and built in support for the cisco 340/350 and a few other cisco
cards.  /proc/drivers/aironet exists but is empty.  There is no eth
device to go along with this card.  I have downloaded the airo-linux
drivers from sourceforge.net/airo-linux 's CVS.  I have a bunch of .c
and .h files, what do I do with these?

Any hints are appreciated.

thanks,
dan