[ltp] New To List

Dan Borello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 12:30:39 -0500

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 09:58, Dale H. Cook wrote:
> I'm new to the list and would like to introduce myself. I'm an old hand at
> computers (40+ years) but new to Linux. My work as a contract radio station
> engineer includes many computers, especially automation systems. Most of
> what you hear on radio stations today (other than talk shows) is coming off
> of a hard drive, almost always under some version of Windows. One client
> recently installed a new automation system running under Red Hat 7.3, so
> I've set my Thinkpad i1200 up as a double boot machine with Win 98SE and
> Red Hat 7.2 in order to become familiar with the OS.
>
> Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA WZZI
> Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA / WMNA-FM Gretna VA
> Star City Antique Radios and Test Equipment:
> http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/oldcolony/radios/radtop.html

Welcome Dale!

It is good to hear of another industry give open source a shot.

On a side note,

Your initial email was marked as spam by my filter (spam assassin).
This maybe something you want to look into (don't want anybody to miss
any of your posts :)  You can ignore the RBL warning, it appears as if
the quest dialup block you are in is blacklisted.

I am assuming this is caused due to the original email from Dale, not
the list auto remailer.  I tested a few other emails from the list and
they all got scores of 0.

Sorry to be off topic.  Just thought you should know :)

Welcome again!

dan

 pts rule name              description
 2.8 FAKE_HELO_JUNO         Host HELO did not match rDNS: juno.com
 2.8 FORGED_JUNO_RCVD       'From' juno.com does not match 'Received'
headers
 0.1 RCVD_IN_NJABL          RBL: Received via a relay in dnsbl.njabl.org
                            [65.130.84.218 listed in dnsbl.njabl.org]

--
Dan Borello <dan@borellos.com>