[ltp] XMMS problem

George Jiang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 09 Aug 2003 23:15:32 -0600

Hello Charles:

   XMMS plays CDs very well ( the effect is really good), but it cann't
play mp3.  So  I think that the sound card might be OK.
      Thanks.

    George

   when I choose [ OSS Driver 1.2.7 (libOSS.so) ],  I got "** WARNING **:
oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp): Device or resource busy"
and a dialogue box jumps out saying "Couldnpt Open Audio. Please check that:
1. You have the correct output plugin selected; 2. No other programs are
blocking the soundcard; 3. your soundcard is configured properly."