[ltp] New To List

Dan Borello linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 01:14:41 -0500

On Sat, 2003-08-09 at 13:11, Dale H. Cook wrote:
> At 12:30 PM 8/9/2003 -0500, Dan Borello wrote:
>
> >Your initial email was marked as spam by my filter (spam assassin).
> >This maybe something you want to look into (don't want anybody to miss
> >any of your posts :)  You can ignore the RBL warning, it appears as if
> >the quest dialup block you are in is blacklisted.
>
> Dan -
>
> Thanks for the heads-up. My first post has already gone to the bit bucket,
> but I'll look at the headers on this one when it comes back from the
> reflector and see if anything looks odd, and check some of my posts to
> other reflectors and see what dialup blocks I've been using. Next week I'm
> installing a cable modem so that should become moot. I've been subbed to
> maybe 50 reflectors in the last several years with this Juno account and
> haven't run into this before. I've run into ISPs that block Juno, Hotmail
> and other ISPs, of course. I know that some of the folks on other
> reflectors that I sub use Spam Assassin, but don't know if they have run
> into this. I'll put out some feelers.
>

> Thomas -
>
> Thanks for the pointer - I've looked at the pages for my model and similar
> ones at:
>
> http://www.linux-on-laptops.com/ibm.html
>
> and have found a lot of useful information. I'll have to start my own page
> about using Linux on this platform and share what I'm finding.
>

> All -
>
> The first problem I'm having is that the system locks up when I logout from
> KDE. It may have something to do with running at 1024x768 - it's what I run
> with Win98SE, and it looks great in KDE, but logout yields a black screen.
> I had to take several whacks at the installation before I could get the
> video working in KDE in the first place. I'll reconfigure to 800x600 and
> see what happens.
>

> Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, WWWR Roanoke VA, WCQV Moneta VA, WKBA WZZI
> Vinton VA, WKPA WLNI WZZU Lynchburg VA, WMNA / WMNA-FM Gretna VA
> Star City Antique Radios and Test Equipment:
> http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/oldcolony/radios/radtop.html

Dale,

Still getting tagged over here.  No big deal, time for a whitelist for
you. :)  Good luck getting it straightened out.

Is anybody else on the list seeing Dale's emails being flagged as spam?
If anyone is wondering that is why I am replying to the list, so that
others see Dale.  If it is just me I'll look farther into the source.

Have a good one,
dan

--
Dan Borello <dan@borellos.com>