[ltp] Lotus Office

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:35:03 +0100

Dear Frank,

If you mean Lotus SmartSuite, I can confirm that SmartSuite Millennium
installs/runs OK with WINE. (The free version is OK, you don't need
cross-over office, you can use a "fake windows" installation). This may
help you.

I don't know of any way to convert lotus format files into something
else under Linux. Open Office.org doesn't do it, and nor does
antiword/catdoc. Running "strings" on the file is a quick hack to read
its content.

Regards

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.