[ltp] Hibernation problem - T23

Syd Hancock linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 08:33:12 +0200

> the boot floppy will allow you to create a Hibernation Partition
> on your hard drive (must be a primary partition therefore you
> need space in your mbr partition table!!!) and sets up the bios
> to use that partition to store the hibernation file when you hit
> Fn-F12.

I have a T23 and have used the floppy image from IBM Support site to
create a large Hibernation file.

The problem I have is that after hibernation, the display on the
virtual consoles (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F1) is corrupted. Is there a
solution for this or a way to reset the text display? The X-windows
display on Ctrl-Alt-F7 is not corrupted.

TIA
Syd Hancock
Norwich UK