[ltp] T40: airo_mpi death under high load? (fwd)

Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:57:46 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Fabrice Bellet wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:16:01AM +0100, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> > Any suggestions?  Specifically, is it possible I'm looking at
> > intermittent hardware problems here in the card itself?
>
> Did you go into suspend mode while the module was loaded ? Currently,
> this driver doesn't support power management, and it shows this kind of
> behaviour when resuming.

Hi Fabrice.  No, this wasn't during suspending, but under normal
use, plugged into AC or on good battery power with no apm events.
The only pattern I can see is it seems to be when the interface is
under heavier load, but otherwise it seems to be spontaneous.

I did see this happening on suspend too, as you note, when I first
installed the module: I prevent this now with apm suspend and resume
scripts which shut down the network and rmmod/modprobe the module.