[ltp] IBM's mini-PCI workaround?

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:06:57 -0500

Unlike PCI, miniPCI is not exactly standard.  So you really shouldn't put
any card into the miniPCI slot other than what was designed for the system.
Stuff not designed for IBM systems will not work.

Pam

Is there a workaround for the error 1802 invalid miniPCI card message?

I don't want IBM's wifi cards, I want my own, but they won't let me.

I tried searching (here, freebsd-mobile, LKML) but haven't found any
solution except "if I put the card in after the bios has started
booting" but my slot is covered by a screwed in case, so this is
not ideal....

Dana Lacoste
Ottawa, Canada