[ltp] IBM's mini-PCI workaround?

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:53:27 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 09:28:52PM -0400, stark wrote:
> Is there a workaround for the error 1802 invalid miniPCI card message?
>
> I don't want IBM's wifi cards, I want my own, but they won't let me.
>
> I tried searching (here, freebsd-mobile, LKML) but haven't found any
> solution except "if I put the card in after the bios has started
> booting" but my slot is covered by a screwed in case, so this is
> not ideal....

I found this following fix in the changelog of the latest BIOS of the
T40/p (1RET36WW) :
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-50273

--> (Fix) POST error handling when unsupported daughter card exists.

Maybe this BIOS upgrade changed the way they reject these cards ? I'd be
very pleased to ear some positive feedback about this BIOS fix :-)

best wishes,
--
fabrice