[ltp] .config file needed for T40p

mukesh agrawal linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:32:49 -0400 (EDT)

On 13 Aug 2003, Pete Trachy wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the 2.6.0-test3 kernel for my T40 running debian.
> I'm going this route because the 2.4.21 kernel persistently gives a
> weird compile error and moving to 2.6 was the only working suggestion I
> got.  Does anyone out there have a .config file that they think would
> work for this machine and kernel?  Right now I can compile a kernel that
> boots, but there is no mouse support.   A pointer shows up in the middle
> of my screen and does not move.

You might want to check the list archives for information on getting the
mouse to work under 2.6, it has been discussed to some degree before.

The easiest thing, if you don't use the trackpad, is just to disable it in
the BIOS. Then the trackpoint will just work, IIRC.

If you use the trackpad, then you'll need to install the synaptics driver
for XFree.

If you want both the trackpad and the trackpoint, you'll need to get a
patch for the kernel so that the kernel's mouse driver passes through both
trackpad and trackpoint events.

Hope that helps.