[ltp] T40: airo_mpi death under high load? (fwd)

Thu, 14 Aug 2003 22:11:10 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Fabrice Bellet wrote:

> Did you try the cisco driver for linux in the same load conditions ? And
> is it more stable ?

OK, I've tried it now (the Cisco mpi350.o module).  It gave up after
an hour at quite high load:

Aug 14 21:56:56 hostname kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out

(no other errors).

Can't say definitively that this was any better than the airo_mpi
module.  Is it possible that we have a basic problem here with the
earlier firmware we have to use for Linux?  Or some kind of common
hardware problem with the Cisco mini-PCI card?

Reports from others with this card running it for an hour or so at
high load (Linux or XP) would be very useful, with an indication of
what firmware you're using.