[ltp] T40: airo_mpi death under high load? (fwd)

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 14:23:28 +0200

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 07:37:35PM +0100, honey@gneek.com wrote:
> Not sure what your 5b00.08 is!  Where is this reported in Linux?

This is the firmware my card was shipped with. I didn't upgrade it
since. This information is available in /proc/driver/aironet/eth1/Status
or /proc/driver/mpi350/Status.

> As you say, very hard to get anywhere with so many variables: I don't
> get crashes like yours above, and you don't get crashes like mine.
> Maybe if we try the same firmware level..?

I don't feel confortable with flashing the firmware now, except if
I know this can be done safely, and hopefully reverted to a known state
in case of problem.  I'm running Linux only, so I can be in trouble if
I cannot revert this move for any reason. And as you noticed my exotic
version number, I didn't find this firmware file available for download
on the Cisco web site. So reverting would not possible ...

> One last question, just in case we are dealing with simultaneous bad
> hardware, or an early firmware problem with the hardware: do you still
> have XP installed?  If so, does it also stop working under heavy load
> and device look as if it's suddenly missing?  Mine does.  Suspicious.

No, I removed Windows, so I cannot provide feedback with this OS.

Best wishes,
--
fabrice