[ltp] T40 cpufreq

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:12:22 +0300

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 04:04:36PM -0500, Dan Borello wrote:
> I have apm support in my 2.4.21-ac4 kernel.  I also am using the cpufreq
> support in the ac patches.  When I insmod the proper module,
> speedstep_centrino I see a /proc/cpufreq.  I am able to change the
> values and percentages of this file.  It seems that they do not take
> affect.  /proc/cpuinfo continues to show the speed at which it was
> booted with.

I have a T23.  I've added cpufreq patch from Con Kolivas' page to
vanilla 2.4.21.  I can change the CPU speed by writing to
/proc/sys/cpu/0/speed, and see the results there, but /proc/cpuinfo
always stays the same.

I assume cpufreq "works", as I see the time regularily jumping backwards
by several microseconds at 866 MHz, and no such effects at 666 MHz.
I think /proc/cpuinfo is just not kept up to date by the patch.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Q:      Why do mountain climbers rope themselves together?
A:      To prevent the sensible ones from going home.

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ--