[ltp] A21p & apm

F. David Sinn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
17 Aug 2003 11:24:51 -0700

I've searched the archives, but didn't find anything to help me figure
out what is going on.

I have a A21p running RedHat 9 (Kernal 2.4.20-8) and have gotten suspend
via "apm -s" to work flawlessly every time.  I've also setup a
hibernation partition via IBM's tool.

What isn't working is using any of the buttons or closing the lid to go
into suspend or hibernate.  Opening the lid after a "apm -s" does wake
the box up, so the button is at least working... :)

When I try closing the lid, Fn-F4 or Fn-F12 they don't work.  I also
don't get anything logged to console or /var/log/messages.  Fn-F12 just
lets out one beep and nothing happens.  Fn-F4 lets out two, the screen
blanks and the HD spins down, but the system is still up and running.
I've also gone over the BIOS power options and am not finding anything
helpful.

Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks!

David