[ltp] T21 Modem

Calum Cooper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 06:04:18 +0100

Thanks for this. Looks like external serial modem is the best way for now.
Calum.

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org
[mailto:linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-thinkpad.org]On Behalf Of Tino Keitel
Sent: 19 August 2003 08:41
To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Subject: Re: [ltp] T21 Modem

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:29:30 +0200, Frank Schaeckermann wrote:
> Calum,
> you'll find some general remarks about T21 and RedHat 7 here (I know you
> installed RH 9 but there is still some valid information there *wink*):
>
> http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/ibm/thinkpad/T21/padt21-rh7-config.epl
>
> and information about the driver for the modem in the T21 can be found
here:

> http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/
>
> Frank

Apperently, his T21 does not contain the Lucent modem (part of the
Intel/Lucent network/modem combo), but the 3com modem (those two types
where built into T2x models AFAIK, my girlfriend's T20 also has the
3com network/modem combo). The Lucent modem works in Linux, the 3com
doesn't.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG

---