[ltp] External monitor with t40p

Steve K linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:37:41 -0700

Hey folks --

I've been digging for information on this one and I'm getting nowhere fast.  I
would like to be able to connect an external monitor to my t40p -- and right
now it works, but the settings seem to be off.  Does anyone know if it is
possible to define the external monitor in my XFree86 config and somehow bind
that monitor definition to the external monitor on the laptop?  Also, it is
possible to run the external monitor at a higher resolution than the LCD
supports (obviously the LCD would be off in this case).

If someone has this working and could just supply their XFree86 config file, I
would be very grateful.

This this with version:
XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (DRI trunk)
Release Date: 27 February 2003