[ltp] Problem with updatedb

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 07:21:31 -0700

Bernard:

Take a look at the anacron and anacrontab man pages.  The file that
calls updatedb is slocate and is in the /etc/cron.daily.  You can stop
this process, however read up on what the updatedb process does before
shutting down the process.

What interested me most is the line before the call to updatedb that
"renices" all of the existing processes before calling the updatedb process.

This line that "renices" all processes might be what you want to modify,
rather than removing or halting the updatedb process.

James McKenzie