[ltp] about iptables ??

Dan Sawyer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:14:19 -0700

--------------030609060603070802060304

Frank,

If you search around you may find his web site; I have lost the link. He
offered a package to configure ipchains. I am using it and it seems to
work great.

I have not converted it to tables yet. If there is a tool to to that I
would appreciate a pointer.

Dan

Brian Allbee wrote:

>If you have the money and inclination, you might also take a look at
>"Linux Firewalls" (Ziegler, Constaintine). I can't vouch for the latest
>edition personally, but the first edition (predating iptables) was
>extremely thorough about how to set up a nice, tight firewall with
>ipchains (and converting those rules to iptables, while a bit tedious,
>is not difficult).
>
>On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 23:55, Burcu Yasuk wrote:
>

>>Hello All,
>>
>>I need a document about how iptables work on mandrake 9.1 and how I can
>>activate and install rules with iptablesAnyone can help me ?
>>
>>Best regards,----------------------------------------------------------
>>--
>>
>>-----------------------------------------
>>Thought for the Moment:
>>The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the exact
>>mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
>>- Frank Zappa
>>
>>This quote was generated randomly.
>>If it offends, please blame my computer!
>>----------------------------------------
>>Brian D. Allbee
>>inimicus@chisp.net
>>(303) 988-4150

--------------030609060603070802060304

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Frank,<br>
If you search around you may find his web site; I have lost the link.
He offered a package to configure ipchains. I am using it and it seems
to work great. <br>
I have not converted it to tables yet. If there is a tool to to that I
would appreciate a pointer. <br>
Dan<br>
Brian Allbee wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1061828591.2218.17.camel@localhost.localdomain">
  <pre wrap="">If you have the money and inclination, you might also take a look at
"Linux Firewalls" (Ziegler, Constaintine). I can't vouch for the latest
edition personally, but the first edition (predating iptables) was
extremely thorough about how to set up a nice, tight firewall with
ipchains (and converting those rules to iptables, while a bit tedious,
is not difficult).

I need a document about how iptables work on mandrake 9.1 and how I can
activate and install rules with iptablesAnyone can help me ?

Best regards,----------------------------------------------------------

Thought for the Moment:
The computer can't tell you the emotional story.  It can give you the exact
mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
- Frank Zappa

This quote was generated randomly.
If it offends, please blame my computer!
Brian D. Allbee
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:inimicus@chisp.net">inimicus@chisp.net</a>
(303) 988-4150
    </pre>