[ltp] Li-Ion battery's time is up!

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:02:37 +0200

Le 11/08/2003 16:12, « Nate Bargmann » <n0nb@networksplus.net> a écrit :

> Hi All.
>
> Well, I didn't know much about Li-Ion batteries and now I seem to know a
> bit more as mine appears to be totally dead after powering my 390e for
> about two hours just last week.  After a few Google searches I now
> understand there is a charge counter in the battery pack that
> essentially kills the pack after a predetermined number of charge cycles
> has been reached.  Is this true?  Or, does it sense the pack temperature
> during the charge cycle?

*** I never heard about the charge counter, but seeing the age of your
battery I presume you bought it together with your laptop second hand,
right?

I had the same problem with an A22e. It could be the previous owner didn't
take normal care of the battery. No initial long charge before using it for
the first time, draining the battery, etc, etc...

I understood the Li-Ion's shouldn't be drained 100% before charging as they
don't have a memory and it kill's these batteries prematurely. Also,
Li-Ion's seem to have a life cycle of 4 to 5 years after which they go dead.
This could also be your issue.

Anyway, what ever you do, buy a new one, it's worth the money.

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

Windows software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.