[ltp] accelerated graphics on a thinkpad?

Peter Theunis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:05:53 -0700

Hi William,

It really depends of what you mean by *accelerated graphics* but the latest high-end Thinkpads T40 ship with Radeon 9000 mobility or FireGL 9000 and have decent 3D performance.

I got the 237394U with a Radeon 9000 chipset because supposedely it has better gaming 3D and works fine the Radeon driver (which has been around for a while); I'm still in the process of configuring it; but the radeon framebuffer seems to work quite well so far.

There are a few reports of people configuring X (you need the latest CVS version), go to http://www.tuxmobil.org/centrino.html and check-out the T40 reports over there, good luck.

peter