[ltp] Help! Long boot times!

29 Aug 2003 23:57:38 +0200

Dear Atul,

I have had problems very very similar to yours.  I have
already written to this list a couple of times (Oct 2002 and
Apr 2003) about how I got around the problem by creating a
partition that is just big enough for the file save2dsk.bin.

AC> Seemed that it had something to do with the hibernation
AC> file, so knocked off save2dsk.bin from the Windows
AC> partition, and things started behaving normally
AC> again. Put the file back, or recreate it, and the
AC> problem is back.

The problem seems to be that the BIOS is very slow in
finding the file within a (too) big partition.

AC> This is weird, because I have had a hibernation file
AC> before that worked just fine. Has anyone faced this
AC> problem before, or maybe have a clue about what is going
AC> on?

Was this file physically on a small partition, or was it at
the "beginning" of the partition?

== Uwe ==