[ltp] PCMCIA on R40?

Blackmessage linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 30 Aug 2003 15:31:55 +0200

Hi

I had a similar problem on a Thinkpad R40.
The problem seems to be that the pcmcia module in the recent kernel doesn't provide some newer chipsets.
I solved this by compiling the kernel (also 2.4.22) without pcmcia support and after that compiling the pcmcia-cs source (http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/) as a module.
What I tried to do was setting up my AllNet wireless card All0192 (with a prism2.5 chipset). I also had to compile the wlan-ng (http://www.linux-wlan.com/) package to get support for my wireless card, which supports the prism2,2.5,3 chipset. You may have to google around to find the additional software which is needed for your wireless card.
Maybe the following list can help you: http://linux-gpib.sourceforge.net/doc/supported-hardware.html

with best regards,
Benedikt