[ltp] Noisy T41p and T40p??

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 08:07:53 -0500

The different graphics cards is not new.  My T40 has a Radeon 9000.  I
believe that the 9000's go with the 1400x1050 screen, where the 7500's
go with the 1024x768 screen, regardless of whether you have a T40 or
T41.  An additional difference in the T41 is the hard drive shock
detection and auto-parking.  However, I believe this requires a driver
not available for linux, so you can't take advantage of it.  So the only
usable difference I know of is the RAM speed.

Joel