[ltp] ibm x20 tv-out or alternative recommandation

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:34:19 -0500

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 9:03 am, Vivek wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, flokno wrote:
> > the notebook has to be able to play dvds, mp3, divx and mpeg on my tv.
> > and it has to be cheap! :) and very quite!
> > and it has to run linux! :)
> >
> > would a 600x be able to do that?
>
> My A20p does all that. You might be able to pick up an A20p or a newer
> AX0 model secondhand. [Just a data point - I bought it for other stuff
> too].

Yeah, I have the same machine. Its quiet, does all the things you mention, and
they are now getting moderately priced (last I checked you could get used
ones on e-bay for 6 to 8 hundred bucks). Given how nice (and still relatively
modern) they are the A series really kicks butt! I guess the only 'bad' thing
is they aren't the smallest machines ever...

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain