[ltp] RE: Noisy T41p and T40p??

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:08:11 -0500

I've noticed some noises as well, however, most of it was when using a
USB mouse plugged into a dock.  When the mouse is plugged directly into
the laptop, I don't notice any noise.  It's possible, though I'm not
sure, that the noise could be greater in windows, as I can't seem to
reproduce it right now.  I know it happened when I was in windows, and I
know having the mouse in the dock made it worse.  I had other problems
with the dock though (mouse jumped around, clie wouldn't sync right), so
I don't use the USB ports on the dock anymore.  FWIW, I remember these
noises being much worse on my old Dell laptop, so I think it's probably
a fairly normal occurrence.

Joel