[ltp] Linux on G40

Adam Maas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 04 Dec 2003 08:15:36 -0500

Kevork wrote:
> Hi !,
>
> I would like to know if someone has got installed Linux on a G40 TP ...
> I installed it with apparently no problems, but I could not get Lan & Sound
> Driver.
> Display driver is as Standard Laptop LCD, would do you if there some
> specific driver for this dislpay ?.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Kevork.

I've been running Knoppix 3.3 on mine. Sound and Video were autodetected
fine, but I had to get and build the LAN driver from Broadcom's website
(It's part of the 5700 GigE driver package, although the NIC is only
10/100).

I believe sound is standard i810-type AC97, and Video is the i810 driver.

I've got the Celeron 2GHz with the 14.1" display

Adam