[ltp] Suspend, hibernate and the 600E

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:01:25 -0500

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:24:01 +0000 (GMT)
"Tony Sequeira" <tony@sequeira.com> wrote:

[Thinkpad 600E]

> Aha, that's why I don't remember it.  Perhaps tpctl has something to
> control this.

I think it can handle the lid (from my brief reading about it), but if
you're going to have to get PS2.EXE anyway, it might oot be worth the
trouble.

> Is this 'swsusp' (sp) that I came across in my googling?

Yes.  I haven't tried it yet - mainly becase I don't run a vanilla kernel
on the only machine I have where BIOS hibernation doesn't work (it runs
Red Hat 9).

> This could be an interesting project, but as I still have a licence and
> disks for MSDOS 6.2 (I think - Win 3.1), I'll use that.  maybe when
> (if) I get some time?

That'll work fine, as will a bootable disk made using "format a: /s" under
Windows 95.

> I *did* have a battle with the sound, and was pretty glad to get it
> working.  The mwave modem is another future project.

Sound:
http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-4BP6Q6.html
(a bit old, but still contains useful information)

Modem:
http://www-124.ibm.com/acpmodem/

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!