[ltp] double keystrokes and NIC errors

Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:47:46 +0200

--f+W+jCU1fRNres8c

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:04:41AM -0600, Ivarsson, Torbjorn (T) wrote:
> > sometimes my keyboard fires double events (on single press).=20
> > this can be
> > quite annoying at times. would it make sense to have the keyboard
> > changed by ibm service or is there a soft solution (X=20
> > options) i.e. some
> > minimum delay that has to pass between single strokes for them to be
> > accepted?
>=20
> There is a keyboard config area in KDE where you can specify if the
> keyboard should repeat or not.

And you should be able to specify the repeat rate and delay.

If not, you can always use xset(1).

> On a loosely related topic, what does it mean if the caps-lock light
> keeps on blinking?

It could indicate a kernel panic.  Is the machine otherwise frozen?

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Stupidity management for the superuser is a user space issue in Unix
systems.
		-- Alan Cox

--f+W+jCU1fRNres8c

--f+W+jCU1fRNres8c--