[ltp] Mini-PCI 802.11b on R40?

Mark Carroll linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:03:59 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Sinoros-Szabo Peter wrote:

> Have you bought that IBM 11a/b/g WLAN mini-PCI card? I am planning the

Yes.

> same, so it would be great to know if it works for you. I have the same
> R40 :)

(-: This, and getting different keyboard mappings working simultaneously
for different keyboards (not Thinkpad-specific probably, so I haven't
asked here), are the only remaining issues I have with the R40
- everything else I care about now works!

I have heard from another R40 user that he has managed to get the WiFi
card to work for him, and a T40 user that suggests that it works well
enough but with some performance and power consumption issues. Mine is
still en route from Guadalajara, scheduled to arrive this coming Monday.
(Ordered on 23rd September, but this wait seems typical for IBM's ordering
IMLE.)

-- Mark