[ltp] Re: Linux Kernel security flaw exposed

Frank Schmitt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 06 Dec 2003 22:53:09 +0100

j_f_clark <j_f_clark@prodigy.net> writes:

> This flaw exists in 2.4.22 and earlier kernels.  In practical terms
> all of the current major distributions except (perhaps) Mandrake 9.2
> are vulnerable.  Apparently Mandrake introduced a fix during its 9.2
> pre-release activities.  See
> http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/advisories/advisory.php?name=MDKSA-2003:110
>

> I also read that SuSE has posted a patch.

Fedora Linux has also released a new kernel which fixes the
problem. (IIRC Wednesday).

--
Did you ever realize how much text fits in eighty columns? If you now consider
that a signature usually consists of up to four lines, this gives you enough