[ltp] IRQ settings on t40p

Steve Krulewitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 08 Dec 2003 23:59:32 -0500

Hey folks --

I've been having trouble with my firewire pccard.  Inserting it would
cause my machine to hang (actually, it would sorta work, but the
keyboard would die and wouldn't shut down properly and other strange
things).  Anyway, my old IRQ settings (the PCI section of the BIOS
config) were:

A  5
B  6
C  9
D 10
E 11
F  5
G  7
H  9

(I think i picked this arrangement up from one of the many
linux-on-the-t40 documents floating around).  I then tried putting them
all on autodetect, but it would still hang.  Then I just tried assigning
them sequentially:

A  3
B  4
C  5
D  6
E  7
F  9
G 10
H 11

And this seems to work!  But is this ok?  I just assigned them
arbitrarily, trying not to repeat any.  So is this ok?  Does anyone have
a better working configuration?

cheers,
-steve