[ltp] T40 forward/back keys in Mozilla

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
9 Dec 2003 09:09:26 -0600

+---------- On Dec 9, Pekka Pessi said:
| I have XFree-4.2.0-72 and metacity version 2.4.0.92-5 on X31 2672-NG3,
| and, err, Finnish keypad and keymap. This combination manages somehow
| to drop the events (xev does not see KeyPress event, just FocusOut and
| FocusIn events).

If xev prints FocusIn and FocusOut events as a result of you pressing
the Back/Forward keys, then some other program has "grabbed" those keys.
Possibly you (or someone) has configured Metacity to grab the keys.

You should be able to check what keys metacity has grabbed using this
command:

gconftool-2 -R /apps/metacity/global_keybindings | grep -v disabled

If you see F19 or F20 in the output, you need to change metacity's
keybindings.  Metacity doesn't have a nice interface for this, so I
suggest using gconf-editor to do it.