[ltp] Agere MPCI3A-20 and Thinkpad T41

Marc Wilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 12:04:08 -0800

What is it about a 600E (2545-4YU) that makes the Linux kernel think the
processor is running at 92 mhz, irregardless of whether or not it's on AC
or battery?

I've run PS2.EXE, I've made sure everything is set to max, and both the
kernel and /proc/cpuinfo come up with this insane speed.

Easy Setup agreees it's got a 366 mhz processor in it.

It certainly doesn't FEEL like 92 mhz... :)  Although what it's actually
running at, I have no idea how to tell.

I've tested with kernels 2.4.18, 2.4.22, and 2.4.23, and I get the same
results (minus a few percent in BogoMIPS, which don't mean anything
anyway).

So.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what's actually going on?

--
 Marc Wilson |     A Linux machine!  Because a 486 is a terrible thing
 msw@cox.net |     to waste!  -- Joe Sloan, jjs@wintermute.ucr.edu