[ltp] predesktoparea: backing up the winxp-cdimage

Marc Schoechlin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:53:23 +0100

Hi !

On Tue, Nov 11, 2003 at 09:53:51PM +0100, Christian Storm wrote:

> does anyone know a way to create a bootable winxp install cd from the winxp
> image in the predesktoparea? i've heard of a windows-tool somewhere "hidden"
> in c:\ibmtools\ which burns the cd rightaway but i haven't found it...
>
> if not, i'll follow the hints given here:
> http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/t40.html#the_predesktop_area

I asked my my locale thinkpad-dealer for recovery-cds - i got
a IBM service number.

Without a problem the send me a bunch of cds, which are
usable to recover the predesktop-area.

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin

PS: I searched a possibility to buy a notebook without a preinstalled
    unsuccessfully - I hate this M$-Tax :-(
--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33