[ltp] Hibernation in an IBM t40p

Nicolas Relange linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:32:06 +0100

Hi !

I used recently the Hibernation utility given by IBM (http://www-306.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4PESMK) to create an hibernation file on my first partition, which is in FAT32.

The hibernation worked great on Linux ! But there was unluckily a small
problem. Just after the boot screen, the screen becomes black for almost
one minute (the del light of the hard disc being on). And then
everythings works right (lilo and linux/windows). But that gives is
really slow boot process :(

Does anyone experience the same thing ? Is it normal ? Or do I have to
update the bios that manages the Hibernation.

Thanks for your answers

NB : I deleted the hibernation file, and everything works like in the
beginning. I do not have to wait any more, but I lost the use of the
hibernation.
--
Nicolas Relange