[ltp] Thinkpad R40 2722: various CPUFREQ troubles

Carl Nygard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 03:37:19 -0500

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 08:31, Sebastian Kapfer wrote:
> Hello Thinkpad users,
>
> My Thinkpad R40 (2722-GDG) works quite well under Linux, except for a
> few obstacles. It would be nice if someone could shed a bit of light on
> the issue. I have found a mail with a single question on this list, but
> without a real solution. :-(
>
> * I Can't clock the machine at 1500 MHz when disconnected from external
> power. I know IBM wants to conserve battery power here. BUT I DON'T
> CARE. A useless (slow) system is worse than one running two hours less.
> Does this depend on BIOS settings? I think I tried everything possible,
> but never got past 600 MHz.

google for cpudynd, it's a daemon that watches system idle, and maxes
out the cpu when needed.  Get the best of both worlds (also has options
to do things to your HD to max out battery life, but I haven't tried
that yet)