[ltp] Linux, kernel 2.4.22-ac4/2.4.23 and IRDA

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 17:08:45 +0100

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 02:38:59 +1100, Steven Haigh wrote:

[...]

> >From the research I have done, apparently the Thinkpad 600X IR is
> supported by the nsc-ircc module, and is supposed to have the

It should also work with the IrTTY or IrPORT driver, however, speed is
limited to 115000 kbit/s here. See the URL below for details.

> dongle_id=0x09 option when insmod'ed, however, when I do this I always
> get this error:
>
> Dec 12 02:32:18 localhost kernel: nsc-ircc, Found chip at base=0x02e
> Dec 12 02:32:18 localhost kernel: nsc-ircc, Wrong chip version ff
>
> Now, running 'findchip -v' gives me:
>
> [root@localhost root]# findchip -v
> reg=0x011
> Found NSC PC87338 Controller at 0x2e, DevID=0x0b, Rev. 2
>     SIR Base 0x2f8, FIR Base 0x2f8
>     IRQ = 4, DMA = 3
>     Enabled: no, Suspended: no
>     UART compatible: yes
>     Half duplex delay = 0 us
>
> The 'Enabled: no' part makes me a bit sus, however I'm assuming (and
> maybe incorrectly) that this will change to 'yes' when I can get the
> module to detect the IR port, but I haven't been able to find anything
> to confirm this.

Did you found
<http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/irda-tiny-howto.html>? In
addition, the most important thing to do, if you want to use the
nsc-ircc or the IrPORT driver, is to take away the resources for the
IrDA port from the serial driver. This is done with this command:

setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none irq 0 port 0

if your IrDA port corresponds to /dev/ttyS0.

Regards,
Tino