[ltp] Thinkpad R40 2722: various CPUFREQ troubles

Heiko Rosemann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:14:57 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, flokno wrote:
[snip]
> with 2.6.0-test11 battery is working.
> but system shutdown is only possible when pressing the power button for
> some seconds after linux shutdown.
>
> any hints on this?

Just found out on my desktop: ACPI tells me: 'Disabling ACPI, your BIOS is
too old. Enable it with "acpi=force"' (on the lilo/grub/whatever prompt) You
might try this, although I can hardly imagine the R40 BIOS to be too old (my
desktop is a BX440 w/ P3-500, BIOS dated 2000...)

And the fact that you can read the battery status also counts against this
to help - it indicates that ACPI is active and running.

Regards, Heiko