[ltp] Thinkpad R40 2722: various CPUFREQ troubles

Rob Browning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:01:50 -0600

flokno <flokno@gmx.net> writes:

> with 2.6.0-test11 battery is working.
> but system shutdown is only possible when pressing the power button for
> some seconds after linux shutdown.
>
> any hints on this?

I had the same problem with a t41 (I think I might have mentioned it
in an earlier post), but it's fixed now.  Unfortunately, I don't know
offhand what I did to fix it.  I suspect it was a result of going back
and turning off a bunch of stuff in my kernel and rebuilding.

The most likely candidate I can think of is APIC.  You might be able
to test that by booting with "noapic" on your grub line (or wherever).
Though for some reason, I think I might have actually had to rebuild a
kernel without support at all to get it to turn off.  I disabled APIC
because I'd heard some suggestions that it might be trouble.

If that doesn't help, I'd be happy to provide more details about my
arrangement, including my kernel .config.

Hope this helps.
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org; previously @cs.utexas.edu